Friday 18 July 2014

Benromach Organic

Benromach Organic

Official bottling 
Single malt - Speyside
Amber red
46% ABV
Dram

Nose: Chocolate, red grapes, peanuts, orange peel, melon, hints of banana. With water, malted grains, more melon, blackberries.
Mouthfeel: Light body, watery, airy.
Tasting: Sweet. Custard, vanilla, chocolate, peanuts, melon, red grapes, hints of orange peel. With water, melon, orange juice, blackberries.
Finish: Medium. Red grapes, melon, peanuts, orange peel. With water, more peanuts.

Comments:

Sweet and rich, although light enough to drink in summer. I normally wouldn't add water to a whisky of this strength, as I like mine a little stronger. But I was glad I did, as it opened up with nice fruity, berry notes and heaps of the peanutty notes that I associate with Benromach.

Verdict:

I like this.



No comments:

 

Get this and more blogger templates free at "Free Blogger Help"